Manual Lymphatic Drainage Introduction
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a specialized form of massage which is used in the treatment of Lymphoedema; which is the swelling that arises in the body because of malfunction of lymphatic system.
MLD improves the efficiency of tissue drainage, decongests the tissues, relaxes the skin tension, improves the immunological response of the body and provides pain relief by sedating the nerve endings.
Outline of the course
- Introduction and basic principle of the MLD
- Physiology of the cardiovascular system
- Physiology of the lymph vessel system
- Pathophysiology of edemas
- Contraindications of MLD and CDT
- Physical Examination
- Treatments of the various kinds of edemas
- Compression treatment
- Combination of further physical therapy measures with MLD
- Patient counseling
MLD Apply for Course Click Here